What's Being Read the Most...

Sunday, June 5, 2011

S'why I'm Easy...

...Easy Like Sunday Morning...

In another example of life's awesome sense of humor? I woke up to that song this morning... :) well, that song & Kate's text message. :p

In other news, my Myspace? Is my space no more. Turns out? I was hacked & since that email a) died YEARS ago, and b) the ONLY reason it was still up was to house my old blogs? There really wasn't any good reason to keep it active; so, after migrating my blogs & downloading the photos I liked?? I let them kill it. Now, all the blogs I wanted to keep are over here (1) - So, now all that's left to migrate are the ones from 2003-2005 & I'll have them all at one blog location. Hooray... I guess. :p

Nati went to church with me this morning - it was great. Chris, our Pastor, covered priorities & focus... kingdom vs. 'thingdom.' I know, sounds a little different; but it was actually pretty cool & deserves it's own blog post. I'm really very happy/grateful that Natalie wants to spend more time learning about God & the Church's place within faith. After she and I discussed the purpose of Communion on the way to Church; she took part in it for the first time today. :) Only one other thing of note to mention at the moment, really... I spoke with a couple of people at Church today who had read my blog. At first, I was a little embarrassed, though I don't exactly know why - I'm pretty much a "What you see is what you get" kinda gal; but recognize that my manner of "speech" is a little more conservative now than it was 2 to 7 years ago. :P Anyway, this lady I know of came up to me and said, "Hey, I've been reading your blog through FB and I just wanted you to know that I'm right there with you, girl. My boyfriend & I just broke up, too. It Does Hurt. Helps to know you're not alone..."

Wow. Well... there you go. I thanked her, made sure she undersood there was no 'bad guy' in my scenario & went back to my kiddo. By the way... she? Is gorgeous and he's crazy. But, there's no accounting for taste, I guess! But seriously, it made me feel good - because that's EXACTLY why I blog about my life. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy writing - but I see a lot of the stuff that I go through as being stuff that other people probably struggle with, would laugh along with, or otherwise relate with, too. And we ARE all in this together - so, if something in my life can in some way help someone else through something in theirs? That's pretty much the ultimate for me! Because really? I get that most of the stuff I write about is pretty silly stuff; and my theories are just that.. theories. Who knows if I'm right about much of any of it? It's just what I'm thinking about at the moment or what's going on in my world.

I kinda need a nap before tonight's festivities. Later yo!


(1) and probably a couple I don't, but I haven't had time to finish going through them all yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment