What's Being Read the Most...
I've personally never been one to really want to rush a relationship. Actually, the term "Commitment Phobic" might be a better...
Today I took my eldest daughter to the movies. While there, saw the previews for this new movie: "Horrible Bosses." It looked...
Well... I did it. I made it through 30 days. That, in and of itself, isn't much of an accomplishment.. basically, what I'm saying ...
Saturday, September 24, 2011
I’m pretty sure I would have made a really rockin’ Momster. For anyone whose not familiar, it’s the Parenting Version of Bridezilla; but instead of being a complete hot mess? The “Momster” is perfect in her bitchiness. It’s not just her attitude that says, “I’m better than you” – it’s her actions.. her perfect baked goods… her complete dedication to working towards negative numbered clothing sizes… She throws the best dinner parties, is in every committee possible in the PTA/Junior League and shealways beats you in tennis.
You can read more by visiting TheOneCrystal - my wordpress blog. :)
Monday, September 19, 2011
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Can I just say I'm a huge Sarah Jessica Parker fan? Well, I am and have been since she broke loose in "Footloose." Actually, that's not totally true; I wasn't old enough to see "Footloose" when it came out; so I fell in love with her when I saw it later on. Whatever, I'm sure that counts. She didn't disappoint yet again in her new movie, "I Don't Know How She Does It.." and honestly? Neither did the movie.
I went to the movie today feeling a little guilty, a little concerned and wholly stressed-out. You see, I really identify with Kate (1) in that I - along with what I'm sure is many other women - totally trade "The List" for sleep. I sometimes:
- trade school volleyball games for work,
- trade work for Doctor's appointments,
- trade my social life for reports;
- trade dating for networking/functions and
- interchangeably trade lists and my sanity.
You can read the rest on my wordpress blog: TheOneCrystal.com
Next up to be published? Momsters and quite possibly "Letter to my Ex"
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Social Media & Employment... How's it still 'All the Rage?' Because we're not addressing it, people.
In the last few weeks, I’ve read a number of news articles and blogs talking about “how [someone] was fired for Facebook.” I’m not going to lie, it’s somewhat surprising that this is actually news to anyone. Social Media? Is not new… but, I guess the continual growth of end-users makes it new for someone and many companies, are still grappling with how to deal with it. Care to take a guess at how many companies globally do not have a social media policy in place for their workforce? No? It’s actually a shocking 85%. That’s shocking when you link that stat to these:
- 22% of Fortune 500 companies have an active, public-facing blog
- Over 30% of businesses globally utilize social media in their marketing
- Approximately 45% of companies actually use social media to help screen hires
- Approximately 57.5% of the population with internet access (approx. 1 out of every 13 people on the planet) have a social media profile
- 93% of B2B Marketers are engaged in some form of social media marketing
- As of April 2011, there are more social networking site accounts than there are people on the planet (over 10 Billion).