What's Being Read the Most...

Saturday, June 18, 2011

About the "GDE" Posts- The Great Date Experiment

So, quick note about the "GDE" posts. A few years back, I realized that I was dating the same guy over and over and over again. They weren't bad guys; but I definitely trended towards the self-absorbed... and, for anyone who's dated anyone like that? It's not the easiest thing in the world to deal with. Anyway, I took a year off from dating and then when I started up again? Met & dated that SAME guy. And at that point? I'd had it. Over a LOT of wine with some friends, we came up with this idea: how cool would it be to take the expectations out of dating - REALLY take them out so that you could just get to know and learn typesets? Study personalities and think about what really works with you? If you weren't all hung up on trying to find a 'relationship,' would we see crazy come out to play earlier?? We didn't know, but figured my "picker" was broken & since insanity is doing the same thing over & over, expecting different results? Figured it was time to mix it up.

And boy did I ever! 52 guys, 168 dates, 52 very busy weeks, & a whole lot of laughing at the hijinks that ensued. It was a lot of fun, really... All done above board, very "G/PG" level-activities; and I learned a lot about life, liberty, & the pursuit of romance. I figured I'd write the book much like I write my blogs, with each chapter representing each new week's guy. I'd start it with the "initial set-up" in a blog post & then go from there. Pretty much everything you'll read is as it happened & absolutely what was said in conversations. Specific names, affiliations, and ages will be changed a bit to protect privacy. :). So... That's really all there is for us to say about that! :).

No comments:

Post a Comment