What's Being Read the Most...

Sunday, June 12, 2011

My #TR30days 'Buckets' List

So, last night as I was hanging with the girls, I was thinking about the TR 30 Day Personal Revolution Challenge - specifically, when to start it. It'd be SO easy to put it off 'till July; but I'm NOT doing that. Because? July will quickly become August and next thing you know; it'll be another thing I thought sounded cool, but never got around to doing. So, I'm going to start it on 6/19 and go through 7/18 for my first 30 days, I think. Here are my "Buckets" and the list of the positive change I want to help facilitate in my little world! Using the format from the blog post explaining this on the 30daypersonalrevolution.com website; it's a good one:

Gratitude: "Gratitude is not only the Greatest of all virtues; but the parent of all the others." ~ Cicero (Ok, this 'bucket' was absolutely snagged from @Sexythinker, the talented Ms. Amanda Hite - but it's fantastic & absolutely fits with where I want my focus to remain!)

  • Make a point of reaching out and expressing gratitude to 1 person that has made a positive impact in my life each day.
  • Start integrating gratitude as a prosocial behavioral motivator in my work
  • Share 1 thing a day from the Encyclopedia of Gratitude & write about how it's positively affected my life - why I'm grateful for it, too!
  • Pay it Backward - Reach out to one person that has 'paid it forward' with me and see how I can help them in return... then do it!

Social:
  • Make a point of working on repairing a couple of key relationships that I let lapse over the last year
  • Do something with 1-2 friends that I normally don't get time to go do things with - expand my social 'outings' outside of my norm so I can really get to better know and appreciate my friends/connections - going to try to schedule something once a week.
  • Be open to dating - still not real hip on the thought of another serious relationship; but I guess they don't start there, do they?? :) So, I'm resolved to say 'Absolutely' to at least one invitation over the next 30 days. Still has to be with someone I'd WANT to go out with - I'm not going to just say 'sure' to anybody. Criteria should still apply, right??? :)
  • Restart Champagne Thursdays with the local ladies! :D

Giving Back- Volunteering/Altruism Project:

  • Complete the Natural Disaster Donation Project (1) by end of June.
  • Start the "Altruism Adventure" with the girls - teaching the importance of altruism, demonstrate the principle in my own life & have the 3 of us perform 1 altruistic act a week.
  • Continue volunteer efforts - for this 30-days, want to include work with Attitudes & Attire.
  • Organize a suit drive for Attitudes & Attire.
  • Find a workable date for the Blood Drive for Providence & continue to work towards facilitating/organizing that event.

Health & Fitness - Mental & Physical:

  • Drink my 3 liters of water a day (and stop complaining that I don't like how it tastes! LOL)
  • Integrate One 15k each week IN ADDITION to the daily 10ks... cut time by 30-seconds/mile
  • Restart Physical Therapy for my jaw - increase opening from 24mm to 28mm by end of 30days
  • 1 hour of dance EVERY day
  • Do squats for 30 minutes every day while watching "How I Met Your Mother"
  • Start friends Bible study with A (and maybe Julie?)
  • 5:30 am workouts 3 days a week with Heather
  • Read 3 books a week - but make sure one is just for fun and one is for general learning & one is for business (rather than ALL on business).

Business:

  • Register for remaining conferences for 2011.
  • Solidify Q3 Social Media Plan & Strategies for TxMQ & Clients. Write proposal for same.
  • Work with Lisa on her Q3 & Q4 professional plan.
  • Revisit 2011 business plan strategies for Q3 & Q4.
  • Gain commitment to bi-weekly trainings for team & write schedule.
  • Finish new BD opp presentation for potential RPO client.
  • Restart video blogging for work. Commit to 1/week
  • Identify a potential Jr. BD person for DFW.
(1) I know, dorky name, but it wasn't anything I was planning on doing mass publicizing for outside of facebook. Also, through this? I'll be eliminating about 30% of the stuff that's in each room in my house and 60% of what's in my attic & garage! :D

5 comments:

  1. This is a SERIOUS list! You go girl! Mighty. Simply mighty!
    U can do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely applaud your thought into this! All of your goals are great and I hope that you meet them all very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are one ambitious woman! Keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, y'all! :) it IS an ambitious lost, I do concede that- but, it's fairly in keeping with who I am when I let myself be and I just feel like I've pressed the "mute" button for too long now. This is me coming back, in stereo and technicolor!! :p Really appreciate the positive feedback and will be posting weekly updates & checking in on you three and the other TR30dayers as well! When are you all starting??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh! iGadget typos! It IS an ambitious LIST... Anyway, thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete