ROUND TWO BEGINS 7/29... WANNA JOIN ME & THE #TR30DAYS TRIBE??
Watch the Video....
It's about that time to make out my next focus list for Round Two: My #TR30Days Personal Revolution. I had a GREAT time with the first 30 days and it really re-centered me; sharpened focus on what I want my life to count for. I made new friends, bonded with some amazing people, felt like I made a difference in my life & maybe an impact in some others. For a recap of last time? Check out my Results Blog... I'm focusing on this next challenge on this post! :) It starts on my birthday!!!
It's actually kind of funny that I'm talking about the future; because this 30 days is going to be fairly focused on staying in the PRESENT. I was meditating on this while on the treadmill today & it's basically going to be my mantra as I head into this next 30 days:
"I am older than I was yesterday,
Younger than I will be tomorrow &
Ready to make a difference today.
Make THIS day count."
Not sure that's like massively awesome words of wisdom or anything; and it's probably some culmination of stuff that I read who knows when... but it's making sense as something I need to focus on right now. In April, I was all about "what wasn't." May, I was really focused on "what had been." June & July was really about "where I was headed/where I want to be" & now? I need to focus on where I am NOW. My mentor used to tell me my greatest 'challenge' profersonally (1) was mastering this: "Wherever you are, be there." Pretty sure he got it from Zig Ziglar or Jim Rohn but either way? He nailed it. Then, it was trying to make sure that when I was at work, my home life with the kiddos was under control (2) & vice-versa. I've pretty much nailed that down at this point & now it's focusing in on today & not letting the near-limitless possibilities of business & life have me chasing rainbows with no pot of gold at the end to show for it. Make sense?
So, with a #focus on the NOW, here's my profersonal bucket list:
- Cut the cord to the cell phone in the car- specifically, while I'm driving. While I wasn't on the phone when I got into a minor car accident last week? It really woke me up to the fact that distracted driving probably should have been a factor and it's blind luck that it wasn't. It was #wakeupcall & I'm taking it. Whatever's going on? WILL keep until I put it in park.
- Business Development - I will add 4 new clients from 7/29 to 8/29 :) I've got a pretty solid business development plan built out and will be executing it. Tying it to the "NOW" thing? I'm committing to having my daily work put INTO my CRM system at the end of EACH day - I'll admit I can have a tendency to want to neglect the "Administrivia" (3) but it's important, too. Giving myself the "Three Pass Rule" (4) - I'll commit to giving up my #Wine Wednesday if I hit a 4th infraction where I focus on database development instead. A 5th infraction will have me giving up a date night - so there will BE no 5th infraction, for sure!!! :)
- Read One Book a Week & One Parenting & Fun Book Over the Challenge - Three a week is way too much for me to realistically keep up with this time, but 1 book a week? Is a 2 hour time commitment - I can hang with that AND commit to a blog on it to boot! Also want to read a "just for fun" and a specific parenting book relating to 'girl cliques' before the school year starts back up!
- Blogging - Can I do three a week? I think I can. :) I'm also going to make a decision on splitting my blog into 2 by the end of this 30-day or keeping it whole, as is.
- THREE - Three days a week I WILL - do yoga, do strength training, and do swimming.
- TWO - Two days a week I WILL - play tennis & do spin - or spinnish thing Jen taught me (so gonna kill me).
- ONE - EVERY day I will do my 10k - even if it has to be broken into 2 5ks.
- I will drink 2 liters of water a day.
- Daily Gratitude WITH my Girls - I really enjoyed this last time & it had such a huge impact on my overall outlook in life. I want to include the girls into this 30 Days so they can enjoy the benefits of a grateful heart/outlook as well; AND so I can gain further parental insights into a different aspect of their personality. )
- Bible Study w/ the Girls on Healthy Relationships & Sex: Because if you wait to talk about it until you "HAVE TO?" You've waited way too long. We've chatted about it; but want to start doing a pulse check before we go back to school. Want to do the study that Shannon Rowell recommended & really hit on what healthy "dating" in Middle School/High School looks like.
- Charity Work - REALLY am keen on @lovedrop and want to be more of a part of bringing awareness to that cause during this #TR30Days challenge. Also will be participating at the Service/Volunteer weekend at Church as being more involved w/ The Branch has been on my 'to-do' list since May of LAST year. *Oops!* Was really appreciative of the volunteer weekend & chance to change the 'to-do' to an 'am-doing.' :)
Wish me luck... and if you're participating, too? Let me and/or the #TR30Days Tribe know on FB/Twitter so we can cheer you on, too!!!
(1) though he didn't use that term; again, great concept - if you aren't familiar check out Jason Seiden's blog - the link is on my blog list to the left(2) I was a young divorced parent at the time with primary parenting responsibility of two young girls
(3) In that I can push it off in pursuit of "more important" activities & then it piles up.
(4) I developed this a few years back with my team, embracing the "nobody's perfect" concept. So, instead of A free pass? We get THREE. Fourth slip requires the accountability of doing something - positive - in addition to catching up what you didn't do to 'make up' for it.