What's Being Read the Most...

Monday, September 11, 2006

Myspace Migration: Monday Musings

Current mood:contemplative
... SOS please, someone help me.. it's not healthy, for me to feel this.. Y-O-U are making this hard... love that song and it's been stuck in my head most of the day - well, that and "You only Call me When You're Sober." LOL
Busy day today and it's 9/11 to boot. Do you remember where you were? I'm so suprised by the number of people who don't - I was folding clothes, in my bedroom, watching Good Morning America. I remember the footage being thrown up minutes after it happened - I thought it was a movie preview or a hoax. I was in absolute stunned horror when I realized it wasn't - missed a client meeting (they understood, and had stood me up in the confusion, too). Everyone just kind of walked around dazed for a couple of days. I had a very, very good pilot friend and just couldn't be comfortable until I knew that my friend wasn't piloting one of those planes. Then, it was just this overwhelming feeling of "How can I help?" I sent pillows, blankets, canned goods, money - but, it just didn't really make a dent in how I felt or what they needed. It changed so much, that one morning.
It was surreal. I like what my boss said "There is no words to convey what we all experienced [yet] we now stand five years later and life has "moved on." This is what people do. To triumph over tragedy and adversity is one of the beauties of the human condition. Today is a day to spend some time in reflection...To honor those who sacrificed that day and since that day, many of whom gave the ultimate sacrifice, is a moral imperative. There are such wide emotions on the subject of terrorism and 9/11 in particular. I do know that we all agree that we must never forget... Allegedly, above the doorway of one of Mother Theresa's shelters was a plaque. In a world of so much misunderstanding and miscommunication I could think of no more words more fitting for this occasion than the words authored by her on that plaque. IMAGINE a world of people that embody this teaching:

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered: forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives: Be kind anyway.
If you ae successful, you will wind some false friends and true enemies: succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you: be honest and frank, anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight: Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, people may be jealous: Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow: Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough: Give the world the best you've got anyway.
~~~~~
Oh yeah, almost forgot!!! My candidate profiling presentations went VERY well - presented to 2 clients today and they both LOVED it!!! Of course, the fact that I'm giving them MORE service for LESS money might have something to do with it - but, I'd rather think it was my effervescent personality! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment