What's Being Read the Most...

Monday, September 18, 2006

Myspace Migration: Gots to Love My Monday!

Gots To Love Monday...
Current mood:energetic
I do, really. I don't know why, but I have always loved Mondays. Favorite day of the work week, actually. Typically, I get a LOT accomplished on Mondays. Today was really no exception - AND I had an impromptu client meeting. With one of my favorite clients no less - 'course, I wasn't dressed to the nines like I'd normally be, but... they're my oldest clients, they love me anyway (Note to self: Jean Jackets at work may not be the best of ideas). Really enjoy client meetings ~ you get to get immersed, if but for a brief moment, into THEIR world. See their culture, hear their language, feel their pulse. It's really cool.
Today just reminded me why I love my job so much - everything is mashed up into it. I get the thrill of sales and negotiation, I get to enjoy dealing in strategy, diagnostics and prescription - I get to talk to people, be in the know, dissiminate information and to a large degree, Be In Control. My job is a total thrill. I LOVE IT! And I have such a good relationship with this client - both divisionally, and corporately. It feels like home when I see them.
More later - conference call...
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have beer. I have Chicken Asada (actually cooked stuffed mushrooms and Tuscany-roasted potatoes yesterday, so I'm not eating the same thing twice) and Mexican Rice. I have Monday night football and I have Weeds. I'm SOOOO happy!
Wanted to address an email I received today - went back and read yesterdays blogs again and WHEW! I was in a mood!! I did NOT quit seeing the guy I referenced yesterday SOLELY because he gave me a gift. That was just kind of the straw that broke the back, so to speak... there were other reservations.. a lot of them had to do with the fact that he threw his money around and that's not attractive to me. But, in the end, I decided that we simply weren't compatible - and he knew my stance on gift-giving, we had a conversation about it the first time around. Just so you don't think I'm a complete whack-job, lol..

No comments:

Post a Comment