Some days? Just don't gel and today is one of them. It started last night, really, had some stuff come up with work that just really was less-than-stellar (1) that I ended up dealing with until nearly midnight. This is definitely a challenge when your office? Is also at home. Anyway... The fun kept going from there:
- That'd be about the time I realized I booked a date for the same night I have a concert. (2)
- Found out this morning that one of the searches I've had my team working on because it was a 'top priority?' Whoops, just kidding.. looking now like it was actually pretty much a complete waste of time. Yay for the 30 something potential candidates we queued up. (3) Blah.
- Got into my marketing plan this morning and realized 1/4 of the way into it? It's jacked up.. it's just targeted wrong. So, back to the drawing board - didn't really have time for that right now but what I'm doing isn't working so I'm going to have to re-do it.
- I've got ancient history completely on the brain right now; can't seem to get it off my mind - and it doesn't even matter anymore! Has that ever happened to you? Something or someone gets stuck in your head & every few minutes it's/they're on your mind? Grrr...
- And to add insult to injury? Natalie is on a MISSION to keep me from getting anything done today with work. She has been So.Noisy! I've tried hiding out in my office, hiding out in my room - NOTHING is working. She's normally really good with my workday; but today she's driving me nuts.
- And it's too hot to kick her outside.
Finally? I decided it was time. Got to give it up.
So... I made muffins.
They're low-carb, so they won't even foul up my dietary plan that much. Took about 10 minutes to make; but seriously kept me from losing my cool completely. They came out pretty, I felt like I'd accomplished and it's helping me reset a little bit. Gonna go submit three candidates, check my voicemail & then rework my marketing plan. Yeah, it's not going to get me where I want to be this instant; but its a whole lot better than stewing in the sideways stress, I think... (4)
I Can Not Do Everything.
Stuff Will Go Sideways Sometimes.
People Come, Go, Change.
The Notion of Perfection? Got to Give it Up. :)
Take me home, Marvin....(Or Justin Channeling Him)
(1) it happens, it's okay - just didn't make my day.
(2) Thank goodness it was a first date & he's got a good sense of humor. :p
(3) again, it happens, but so frustrating... at least we have a good relationship with the HR team - they're cool.
(4) Alexander & The Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day style