What's Being Read the Most...

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week Four Finished: The Final 1st #TR30Days Update

For a faster "Catch-Up" Session?? Just read the updates in this color. :)  left the rest as a reference back. . .  If you're just catching this and want to know what it is?  Watch the video 







Gratitude: "Gratitude is not only the Greatest of all virtues; but the parent of all the others." ~ Cicero(Ok, this 'bucket' was absolutely snagged from @Sexythinker, the talented Ms. Amanda Hite - but it's fantastic & absolutely fits with where I want my focus to remain!)
  • Make a point of reaching out and expressing gratitude to 1 person that has made a positive impact in my life each day. Wk3 UPDATE: I'm loving this - and since gratitude doesn't have to be on a large scale? Might never stop.  Continued focusing on my daughters - working on building their self-esteem through the expression of gratitude for the many blessings they've brought to my life & cool things they do! #PositiveParenting

  • Start integrating gratitude as a prosocial behavioral motivator in my work UPDATE: Definitely made some progress with this; but it's an ongoing process - going to take longer than 30-days to see the 'pay-off' in this and that's okay.  Not doing it for a 'kudos.'
  • Share 1 thing a day from the Encyclopedia of Gratitude & write about how it's positively affected my life - why I'm grateful for it, too! UPDATE: This week my gratitude writings were on & why it made me grateful:
    • Holding Your Child's Hand - Both my kids are hand-holders & snuggly. I am SO grateful for this (I am, too!!)
    • Parks- When my gym is packed? I'm pretty grateful for the ones I can walk around in! :)  Plus, sometimes just chilling in the grass or the "Beach" at Grapevine Lake & staring up at the sky?  Peaceful good times.
    • Monty Python - Found myself singing "Always Look On the Bright Side of Life" when dropping off a box of stuff this past weekend & remembered that those guys really crack me up.  The performance video for this? Cheeky Fun!! LOL
    • Dad Behind the Wheel - I'm so grateful my Dad loves tinkering with my car - saves me major $$ in service fees & makes me feel safer 'cause I KNOW he cares about my safety!
    • All You Can Eat - Horrifically bad for you, but great people-watching opportunities.
    • Women's Suffrage-  I hold a fairly low-importance political position & a girl friend of mine holds the same in a more important, heavily populated district (that I live in).  We both take these roles seriously & she does a GREAT job (thanks, Kate) - wouldn't be possible without the work done during the suffrage movement. :) 
    • Funny Movies- I enjoy being able to go to the movies now and again - and get to enjoy the show!  Saw a couple movies this last week & had a great time. :) 
  • Pay it Backward - Reach out to one person that has 'paid it forward' with me and see how I can help them in return... then do it! UPDATE: We Did It!!!  This is awesome & will make my bucket list next month, too.





Social:
  • Make a point of working on repairing a couple of key relationships that I let lapse over the last year UPDATE: Done.  
  • Do something with 1-2 friends that I normally don't get time to go do things with - expand my social 'outings' outside of my norm so I can really get to better know and appreciate my friends/connections - going to try to schedule something once a week. UPDATE: Done - met up with a friend from ELEMENTARY SCHOOL this past week. Coolness! 
  • Be open to dating - still not real hip on the thought of another serious relationship; but I guess they don't start there, do they?? :) So, I'm resolved to say 'Absolutely' to at least one invitation over the next 30 days. Still has to be with someone I'd WANT to go out with - I'm not going to just say 'sure' to anybody. Criteria should still apply, right??? :) UPDATE:  Accomplished.  Definitely.  
  • Restart Champagne Thursdays with the local ladies! :D UPDATE: This didn't happen. #fail

Giving Back- Volunteering/Altruism Project:


  • Complete the Natural Disaster Donation Project (1) by end of June.UPDATE: I've given away 1/3rd of my closet & 1/4th  of my house.  Wow.  I have  a lot of stuff.
  •  
  • Start the "Altruism Adventure" with the girls - teaching the importance of altruism, demonstrate the principle in my own life & have the 3 of us perform 1 altruistic act a week. UPDATE: I'm proud of the progress we've made with this - but we're not DONE - this was just the beginning.
  • Continue volunteer efforts - for this 30-days, want to include work with Attitudes & Attire. Have Three Bags of clothes to donate.  I think we can do better.  Will do again this next month.  

  • Find a workable date for the Blood Drive for Providence & continue to work towards facilitating/organizing that event. UPDATE: This one didn't fly.


Health & Fitness - Mental & Physical:
  • Drink my 3 liters of water a day (and stop complaining that I don't like how it tastes! LOL) UPDATE: Never going to commit to 3L of water again.  Did it.. and the news last week?  Said it was TOO MUCH WATER!  My nephrologist and I are SO having a talk.
  • Integrate One 15k each week IN ADDITION to the daily 10ks... cut time by 30-seconds/mile UPDATE: Yeah, I'm not getting the additional 15k in, but I HAVE cut over 40 seconds off my mile with the 10ks, so that's cool!   I also started yoga.  Insanity made me stupidly sick.  Holding off on this for 30-60days.  I've started with a trainer instead.
  • Restart Physical Therapy for my jaw - increase opening from 24mm to 28mm by end of 30days UPDATE: This has really helped my jaw.  Still going to need anther surgery at some point, but I think if I keep this up? I can stave that off for a year or two!
  • 1 hour of dance EVERY day UPDATE: DID THIS!! :) SO.MUCH.FUN!!!  I LOVE THIS SO SO MUCH!  This is greatness.  Stopped wearing socks and that helped. :p 

  • Do squats for 30 minutes every day while watching "How I Met Your Mother" UPDATE: I hate squats. And doing them with Jennifer yesterday?  Mine weren't hard enough!
  • Start friends Bible study with A (and maybe Julie?) UPDATE: Every day, every day, every day - love it.  Working a 1 yr study so we're keep on, keepin' on!  
  • 5:30 am workouts 3 days a week with Heather UPDATE: Yeah, not so much. #fail 
  • Read 3 books a week - but make sure one is just for fun and one is for general learning & one is for business (rather than ALL on business). UPDATE: I had NO time to read with work this past week - so,   Too Big to Fail, Jessica's Tweet This! book & Run Like a Mother ? You're on my list and will be done before 7/29 


Business:


  • Register for remaining conferences for 2011. UPDATE: Done! :)  Can't make blogher this year - it's on the girls' Dad's bday - need to be in town.  
  • Solidify Q3 Social Media Plan & Strategies for TxMQ & Clients. Write proposal for same. UPDATE: Done.
  • Revisit 2011 business plan strategies for Q3 & Q4UPDATE: Done.
  • Gain commitment to bi-weekly trainings for team & write schedule.UPDATE: Yeah, didn't finish this.
  • Finish new BD opp presentation for potential RPO client. UPDATE: Done! :)
  • Restart video blogging for work. Commit to 1/week UPDATE: Decided I'm not ready for work vlogs; so switched this to personal & prosocial vlogging so I can be ready for the next 30 day challenge. :)  - Got the next prosocial vlog in. I'm never gonna be on TV. :p  Done! 
  • Identify a potential Jr. BD person for DFW. UPDATE: Done & Done. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment