What's Being Read the Most...

Sunday, November 5, 2006

Myspace Migration: Sort of a Pay It Forward...

Current mood:productive
I've been exchanging emails with a friend of mine, who was really unhappy about the state of her hearth and home and a few other things. Anyway, a lot of the struggles she has are the same struggles that I've dealt with and have heard renumerated from many of my friends. It got me thinking: What are your current struggles? What tricks of the trade have you picked up along the way that would potentially help others? Seems like that would be a great blog for those of us who do so... and would, by sharing our struggles, increase our odds of finding someone who's already tackled that and found solutions!
Here are my struggles:
1) This may sound trivial, but it bugs the daylights out of me. I have this heavy flatware that is SO not discoloration resistant. It looks like it has rust, but I don't see how that's possible. But, I HATE using it because that's what it looks like. Does anyone know of a heavy cleaner for brushed flatware?
2) I'm working very hard to "be present" wherever I am. I like to multi-task and that's ok, to a degree. But, I also have a hard time leaving work at work and home at home (especially since I work from home part of the time, lol). My job isn't 9-5 and I often find myself trying to take calls during dinner (sometimes even dates, eek); thinking about issues with clients and such while I'm out or thinking about the kids/home stuff while I need to be completely focused on work. I know that's natural, but I need to overcome it. I have yet to find an effective gameplan for that, though....
I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now.

Here's my "pay it forward:"
When Kel was talking about having issues with keeping up her house, I could totally relate. When I was married, it was a huge issue for me, too. Heck, it can get to be an issue now, if I let it! There's certainly no overage of free time in my life. Which is exactly why I adopted this practice from Flylady: "Touch it once." Seriously, it doesn't matter what you're "touching" - whether it be something at work, the stuff you bring into the house, groceries, cleaning, whatever.. take it where it needs to go, put it up, finish the job. If you don't, you'll have to expend TWICE the energy/time you would have originally to finish it later. Plus, it makes your house more cluttered. There's my secret. LOL That's how I keep my house from looking like a complete disaster. I try very hard to touch things ONCE.
I guess that runs along the vien of my second struggle, doesn't it?? That's kind of funny to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment