What's Being Read the Most...

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Myspace Migration: Setting Up for Christmas

Current mood:chipper
Ok, before I begin, let me address my choice of song on the front page. It probably WON'T be up long - I'm not going to lie, I kinda like the beat... but, it's up as a joke... I've got a gal pal that will totally get it when she finally logs on. And once she calls me on it, I'll change it. :)

Now, let's start whittling down on the mother of all blog-topic lists. Seriously, it's two pages long! LOL It took me three days to set up for Christmas. Why? Because of one things: lights. Christmas lights for outside and the lights on the Christmas tree. I'm a little anal about my Christmas Tree. No, scratch that, I'm a LOT anal. And pre-wired trees, however convenient they are in theory, suck in practial application. Or, at least the one I bought did. First of all, it had multi-colored lights on it. That's just WRONG in Crystal's world. Secondly, the lights were hap-hazardly strung around the outside third ofthe Christmas tree. Thirdly, they didn't even TRY to hide the wires. No, this would not do at all.

So, I spent like 8 hours unraveling and unwiring the pre-wired tree I purchased. Then, I spent another 3 hours ever-so-carefully wrapping 2100 (that's right...how do you like them apples? lol) lights all around my 7.5 foot tree. And you know what? I HID the wires... no, they are not invisible, but not nearly as in-your-face as before. Another hour to place the ornaments where they belong, drape the ribbons, place the bow and add the star and voila! My tree was up. I have to say, though, after all that effort I can relate to those who leave their trees up past December. It's a shame that all that work only translates into 30 days of decoration. :)
Putting the lights up outside took about a day, largely because I had never done it before and had NO idea what I was doing. Once I figured it out, it really only took another hour or two. :) My house is SO pretty!!

I celebrated with rum eggnog in my Christmas poinsetta flute while listening to Christmas Carols. I'll add photos of the process - probably tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment