What's Being Read the Most...

Friday, November 10, 2006

Myspace Migration: Pepto, Prevacid, or Tums... Holy Heartburn, Batman!

Current mood:exanimate
Yeah. I have seh-herious heartburn right now - to the point of chest pains. Note to self: Orange juice and lasagna are NOT a good mix in your stomach. Reading that, it doesn't even SOUND good. But lately, I've been literally craving orange juice. Can't get enough of it - and I've been popping Vitamin C like it's candy. Normally, I'd say I'm a pretty darn good cook but this lasagna did NOT turn out okay. I will go so far as to admit that it was actually pretty yuckky. I must have made a wrong turn at the sauce or something...

So, now I've got an upset stomach (though I'm sure the 12 ounces of orange juice I had right after dinner didn't help) and heartburn that would start a forest fire, given the chance. I'm looking at the options for "forest fire" relief: do I take Tums, Pepto, Prevacid, all three??? I'm opting for all of them at the moment....
My brother was laid off today, poor guy. I know he'll be okay, he's degreed, he's bilingual, and he's sharp (of course, he's related to ME)... and he knows me, I'm a recruiter. Hopefully I can help him out (or, more specifically, one of my connections can). We'll see...

I'm still buried under work. Enough that I might not be able to keep the plans I've made for the weekend. I really need to get this stuff done for Monday. We'll see how much I accomplish tomorrow night... I'll be burning the midnight oil, either at the house or at the office.

So, I'm wearing these flannel sleep pants that are just THE BOMB. Seriously, it's sorta sic how comfortable these are. Decidedly not attractive, but still - I think I could totally live in these one weekend and be okay with that. I probably wouldn't do anything but sleep, but lately that's ok, too.

NaNoWriMo Word Count to Date? 19,182. I'm WAY behind. But, you know, work's kinda pesky about being my first priority after the kids. If I'm lucky, I'll catch up at Thanksgiving.

Is it wrong that what I really want is orange juice right now?? LOL - I think I'm going to go get some water and go back to bed. Night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment