What's Being Read the Most...

Saturday, October 7, 2006

Myspace Migration: Sashaying through My Saturday

Current mood:ditzy
Wow. It's been a really hectic last couple of days... last night, I totally crashed. It was supposed to be a two hour nap before Nick's... but, it ended up ending my night. Whoops! Guess I really needed to shut down; my brain literally hurt when I went to lay down last night. However, I ended up standing up a couple of friends and I am sorry for that.

I need to sashay today - just take it casually, relax somewhat while proceeding through the weekend. There's a lot going on right now in all sectors of my life - work's been hectic and there's been a couple of developments that need some rumination (yes, that IS a word). I think no matter what I choose to do about them, things will be just fine - so it's not really a dire crossroads, but it's important on the good/better/best scale of things. One direction's good, another's better, and one is best. And I need to determine which is which - but, they all look pretty appealing in their own rights.

There's been a couple of rather interesting developments in my personal life, as well. None that I'm really ready to discuss at this point, but there are options that I'm looking at that weren't there two weeks ago. I just need to make up my mind on what I want; that's difficult. Part of me doesn't want to disrupt the flow of my life: I like, -no, I love- my life. It's hectic, sometimes even crazy, but it's oh-so-enjoyable and fufilling. I don't go to bed each night thinking that something's missing - I don't think anything is. I know, there are those of you who are reading this thinking, "What about a relationship? You don't have that?" You're right - I don't. But, to me, that's not what makes your life complete. It's an augmentation to an otherwise fufilled life. Maybe when you get to the point that you feel you're whole on your own is when you're healthy enough to be in a relationship? I'm not sure. But still, I don't define myself as part of a whole ... I am whole and complete. Anyway, I feel like my life is pretty drama-free and so I don't want to add something in that has the likelyhood of raising the drama quotient.

Scheduling has become a big issue for me of late. I have seriously gotten away from using my outlook calendar and it's screwing me over. My daily excel spreadsheet I'm on top of - but, it doesn't go past what to do this week, and truly, focus more on the daily grind. So, I've been double-booking my time (note to self: must cancel with Holly Monday), committing the wrong dates to memory (3 day walk is NOT the 25-27; it's the 27-29th - which creates a huge problem as they're having dental work done on the 27th and my child's birthday party is on the 28th) and just floundering. I think I'm going to start using the one on my phone because it's ALWAYS with me.

This should be a fairly fun day. James has his UT/OU thing, which I'm planning on going to.. then it's off to the melting pot to meet up with Amy and Jackie! We're planning to have so much fun to the point that it's obnoxious, lol. There may even be tipsy text messaging involved (but not to you, E.. you've totally graduated from being Jackie's tipsy text messaging receipient)... I'm going to walk this morning, get some writing done this weekend, and clean the house. I've got 80 candles ready and itching to be burned... so, I'll probably have some of that going on since I'm kiddo-less tomorrow night. :)

Should have another book excerpt ready to put up by the end of the weekend... off to write! ~ETA: typos are completely obnoxious. Sorry for the repost.

No comments:

Post a Comment