What's Being Read the Most...

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Myspace Migration: San Fran Blog

Current mood:excited
Tomorrow I go to San Francisco! Today's prep day; getting the house ready for Mom/Dad to watch the kiddos, making sure I've packed everything I wanted to bring, getting the medication from the Dr. I need to take with me on the trip, you know... fun stuff!

I'm really excited. This will be the first trip I've taken completely by myself where I wasn't either with or meeting a travel companion at some point on the journey. Ok, yes, I will be spending some time with the other people from work who earned this trip, too - but, mostly it will be just ME! :) I think it'll be good for me and a great experience.

I'm looking forward to being able to do what I want to do and I've got some cool stuff planned. Going hang gliding, doing a tour of Chinatown's culinary experience, booked an evening at Shanghai 1930 - mix of Parisian/Asian cuisine with JAZZ music. Going on an architectural tour, seeing Alcatraz, getting to spend some time up close with the Marine Life in the Bay, spending a day in wine country with my co-workers, and a couple of cruises on Saturday. And to top it all off, I get all the hotel pillows to myself. :)

I'll miss my kiddos, though. We've got a plan worked out; I'm going to call them twice a day and send pictures of what's going on around me to their cell phone. They're going to send me pictures of what they're up to. It'll be ok. They'll have fun with my parents and their Dad.

Hopefully, I'll get some writing done, too. That's what I'm banking on, anyway... I'll 4 hours of airport time and 4 hours of flight time round-trip, so that'll give me some good time - plus I planned on using Saturday morning's brunch cruise to write and I'm sure I'll have some down time at the hotel room. We'll see how much I actually get accomplished.

I'll probably use this blog entry for my trip and just update it. Pictures will have to wait for me to get back... have a great weekend all!

~~~~~~~~~~
So, I'm all packed and will head to the airport in about half an hour. I did NOT pack well for this trip. In fact, I've got 2 good-sized suitcases and it looks like I could stay in San Fran for a week or two and be just fine, instead of the 4 days I'll actually be there.

It just hit me that today would have been my anniversary, should I have still been married. Yes, we got married on "the sweetest day of the year" (stupid Hallmark Holidays). So, it seems somewhat appropriate that I'm leaving for my first trip alone today; but, I will be sure to call Jason at some point and make sure he's doing ok. That probably sounds kind of dumb, seeing as we're not married anymore, and haven't been for some number of years now - but Jason and I have always talked on our "anniversary." The first couple of years it was largely centered around figuring out where we went wrong, and now that we have somewhat of a friendship... I think we just kind of check up with each other and pay respect to the day we forged a lifelong connection. Because, interestingly enough, even though we're divorced, we'll always be connected through our kids. I may make this it's own post later...

No comments:

Post a Comment