What's Being Read the Most...

Sunday, October 1, 2006

Myspace Migration: And I Feel Fine

And I Feel Fine...
Current mood:energetic

*Updated: Scroll to the ~~~ to pick up where I left off...*
The Song "It's the End of the World as We Know it" is running through my head.. but you know what?? I feel fine. Actually, I feel great. Between what I did this morning in the neighborhood and then the 12 miles I did at the park...
I.did.20.miles.today!!!!!!!!!!!!! And really, I'm not exhausted. The last twelve took just under 2 hours at the Park in Plano. Should there be any doubts, I'll be doing repeat performances at the park tomorrow and next weekend! I feel great. And I genuinely think I'll be able to finish this year.

But it did get me wondering... why this year and not last year? Well, I had an extra 25 pounds on me (and 40 total the year before that), so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Also, I tried to socialize last year.. that was stupid. This year, I've been jamming out to upbeat music on my mp3 player, ignoring the world and that's actually helped me keep up the pace. Also, this year I just WANT IT.. I care more, I think. And I'm taking pictures this year (or having someone else do it... going to need someone to document this for posterity, lol) because I KNOW I'm going to finish it. I just feel it.

The park rocked. I love that little park - it's between Parker and Park off Communication Dr (?). Just a nice little walking trail, partly shaded... there were butterflies today (I love butterflies) and little spurts of falling leaves. It's totally an Indian Summer though - it's October and it was 80 degrees this morning!! But, that's ok - between the breeze and my 'glistening' (women don't sweat, we glisten, Ha!) - I kept cool. I DO need to bring my KBIC water bottle tomorrow, though - around mile 7 I had to stop and grab a sip from the water fountain every mile. LOL But, I love going to the park - there was this teenybopper there practicing soccer with her boxer, who was running around with his own soccer ball in his mouth (SO cute and between him and Toby, it totally made me want to get a big dog again.. but as I have no real backyard [it's a postage stamp], that feels unfair to the dog) and lots of families with young children playing at the playground.

Elliott introduced me to this park on my birthday and I think perhaps that the park and Jaspers were quite possibly the best things to come out of that relationship. Outside of our friendship, obviously. I wanted to do another 8 at the park - do 20 there, but then Dad called and griped at me a bit for overexerting when I've been sick.. Said I should take it easy the rest of the day (even from Mexico he still bosses me around, lol). He's right, of course... So, I'm going to watch the game (7-3 right now) and just tool around - got a bulletin from the Tipp Inn that they've got wings and beer for 10 bucks and James and his friends are probably there, too - but, by the time I'd get there, not sure it'd be worth doing... besides, I'm thinking of doing some deep cleaning while I'm hanging out at the casa. And I need to do a little bit of research on e-commerce marketing (and more specifically, who's in that role around DFW)... if you know of anyone in that function (Director of E-Commerce Marketing/Web Marketing or ready for that role), please let me know and I will totally kick you a referral fee upon hire, if you'd like.

Ok, as non-romantic/non-peaceful as this is going to be, I think I'm going to see if I can't get Todd, Alex, and Jay to move my treadmill into my bedroom today or tomorrow.. at least until after the 3-Day... I'm sure I could make it work .. even if it's just for the next month. I'd love to be able to keep it there, but I think it'd make it too cramped (doesn't fold up the right way). But, if I can pull it off, I'm going to walk through any TV watching I do until November... should help.
Darn sound card STILL doesn't work... and I need song suggestions.. I've already done 'Single' and although I like it... it's not what I want playing on my frontpage.. need a song that's upbeat tempo and exudes 'me-ness.' LOL


~~~~~~~
Ok, I'm.just.cool. I managed to get the treadmill in from the garage all by myself, thank you very much! And yes, it does look somewhat industrial in my peaceful expresso/reds/black asian/indian fusion bedroom. Thinking about putting twinkly lights on it... why not? I'm going to put some on the Eiffel Tower thingy, why not the treadmill.. could be cool? *shrug* My other thought was to spray paint it expresso, too - but then I've got to drag it outside to spray it, clear coat it and drag it back in. Not sure I want to go to all that trouble. I absolutely have to get a couple of good black and white pictures for my bedroom. The wall behind the treadmill (where my small sofa was until this afternoon) needs something - 2 somethings.. that are big. And I'm thinking that the mirror needs to go - or maybe I just need a different one.. it's a little too whimsical for my room? So, I photobucketed a bunch of different shots of my room (forgive me, photography is NOT my strong suit - love it, but not great at it) - maybe it'll give you a better idea of what I'm talking about. I'm pretty protective of my bedroom; it's my sanctuary... it really is me. My friend Ryan has nicknamed my room the "den of the succubis." I'm totally positive it has more to do with the candles than I, but it's a fun name anyway.


http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/theonecrystal/Photo_100106_012.jpg
(above is a link to my favorite black and white photos...)
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/theonecrystal/Bedroom4.jpg
love all my candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment