What's Being Read the Most...

Friday, January 19, 2007

Myspace Migration: Kicking Off the New Year

Current mood:chipper
... it's so beautiful outside today. It's cold, drizzly, and utterly winter. And you know what? I like it. It's NOT going to be particularly friendly to my hair, however. And since tonight is the company kick-off party, I wish it would be. Although, as I type this, I kind of wonder what it matters, as I'm not bringing a date to this thing, anyway.

Seriously, work functions are not the time to bring a date - as I learned last year when I took someone who SHOULD have realized what needed to happen. But didn't, and so I heard "Can we go now? Can we go now? Can we go now?" every five seconds. Which after the 30th one of those was when I made the resolve that I was never going to bring someone to one of these things again unless we were engaged or married and then you pretty much have to, you know?

So, had an odd moment. Not sure how you'd categorize it, but it was a funny odd, just the same. Woke up this morning and got ready for work as I always do. Saw a friend's Christmas present on my counter, same as I do every morning and evening as I'm washing my face/brushing my teeth/fixing my hair and so on. It's actually gotten to the point that it looks like part of the landscape, lol. Anyway, this morning I actually focused on it for a second and wondered how my friend was doing (I've been so busy and caught up in my own life that not only has he still NOT gotten his gift, but I haven't even really had a chance to say hello or anything of the like)... and guess what? I heard from him today! That kind of cracked me up.. well, amused me at least.

I hope Jason gets the girls so I can go to this thing tonight. It's one of those things I kind of want to go to, but at the same time, I'd really be ok curling up under my blanket, reading for a bit and going to bed. LOL But, as with most other things in my life... I'll have fun once I get there. Actually, now that I have a clear direction on where I want the book to go; I kind of want to hurry up and finish the yearbook stuff and focus on that in my free time. I know I have girlfriends (amd a couple of guy friends, come to think of it) reading this thinking, "In no way will that improve your love life." My response to this (so don't bother telling me this in 'real time'): "You're absolutely right and I really don't care." So there (insert mental picture of me sticking my tongue out at you here, lol). :)

Now I'm just avoiding going to get ready. I had more serious stuff to talk about, but I don't remember what it was. Maybe I'll write more later. I'm looking forward to going bowling with Bev and the Community tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment