What's Being Read the Most...

Friday, August 1, 2008

Myspace Migration: Just A Little Update

Well, let's start with the obvious, shall we? I turned 30. Big 3-0. Really, wasn't bad, overall. Actually, it was a little quiet... well, REALLY quiet for me! :D I had dinner with my daughters, my Father, and Brother at Central Market (I love that place and the kids can play on the playground; we have a winner, folks). Then, drove to Frisco and had drinks/desserts with Bev and Daphne; we topped the evening off? With Guitar Hero. Seriously, very tame by other birthday's comparisons, all things considered. But, that's fine. I'm happy with where I am in my life, overall, and don't feel the need to have some major bash to give me validation. I do, however, think it's an excellent excuse for new shoes... and maybe some new camis, new jacket, and maybe even a wii-fit, if I can find one.


And speaking of that, I'm in love with my Wii. I am NOT, however, in love with the fitness test on Wii Sports. Let me break something down for you, Nintendo - just because you're clutzy and not exactly athletically inclined outside of tennis (and that's probably even a small stretch and large luck), does NOT mean you have a metabolic age of 63. It just means that you aren't good at sports. My refined self had to really refrain from throwing my controller at my TV - and that was largely just because I don't want to pay to replace it. However, true to Crystal Form, my response was 'Fine.... I'll show you... I'm TRAINING!" And have now committed to spending 30 minutes a day on top of my workout(s) learning to beat the snot out of Wii Sports. THAT'LL show them!

I register the kids for school on Wed. I'm going to have a middle schooler. I'm not quite sure what I think about that, other than I'm thankful it's my eldest because really? She's still snuggly and likes her time with me. I don't exactly know what I'd do if she didn't think I was cool anymore. I'd like to think I'd act fine with it, but I know darn good and well it'll crush me a little bit. My youngest is super psyched about going back to her old school - she's already making plans to rule the playground. Except this year, I think she plans on doing it with backflips and front walkovers. :D Oh yes, my friends, I have a little cheerleader - two, actually. They're having a blast and I'm even learning to deal with it quite well. Maybe I'll luck out, they'll both be great and get scholarships to the not-so-cheap Universities that want to go to.

Dating? Still haven't found what I'm looking for. Any Jewish Mother would be proud of me - I went out with a doctor, a lawyer, and I didn't like either. The first was a closet smoker... I don't really date smokers. I think it's bad for you. And, I don't know... there was just some wierdness there. I'm past the age where I'm going to stick around if my gut says, "This guy might have been on Unsolved Mysteries or just off his meds...." The lawyer? He was nice, just perhaps a tad too controlling. Tip for all single, dating men out there: you do not need to try to tell a girl how to run her life in the first 30- to 60-days. There's a REALLY good chance you don't know enough about her life to really be in charge of it. :D I'd say I'm still looking, but the truth is? I'm not. If it bumps into me, or reintroduces itself... I'd like to think I'd see a good relationship opportunity coming... but, the same old problem applies: who's as busy as I am that they won't mind not seeing me every day? Come on, I know I'm pretty freaking fabulous... it's hard to be without me! (Fine, you don't have to admit it, it's ok.. I already know).

For the first time in a long time, I'm ok with admitting this: I don't want to go to work tomorrow. My brain has been on overload long enough that I feel like a few days off to not to much of anything would be a VERY good thing. However, I'm too busy to take the time off! I'd do what I ALWAYS do - I'd take off the time, and end up working, anyway. Speaking of work, if I don't go to sleep soon, I won't get up for it.

Until then, don't do anything I wouldn't do.. or if you do, take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment