What's Being Read the Most...

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Week 2 is Through.. #TR30Days Update


And really?? This one went better.  Now, I worked some CRAZY hours last week; but, that's okay... just can't do it EVERY week.  Balance.  Life is all about the balance.  I had a pretty busy weekend, too; but got to see Amanda & Jasmin... so the little mini-PRSCamp reunion was fun. Anyway, running late so here's the update!


MIND:
  • Cut the cord to the cell phone in the car- specifically, while I'm driving.  While I wasn't on the phone when I got into a minor car accident last week? It really woke me up to the fact that distracted driving probably should have been a factor and it's blind luck that it wasn't.  It was #wakeupcall & I'm taking it.  Whatever's going on?  WILL keep until I put it in park.  Update - Did MUCH better this week.  Only really had one slip-up.  I've started keeping my phone in a little compartment by my steering wheel; this helps.

  • Business Development - I will add 4 new clients from 7/29 to 8/29 :)  I've got a pretty solid business development plan built out and will be executing it.  Tying it to the "NOW" thing? I'm committing to having my daily work put INTO my CRM system at the end of EACH day - I'll admit I can have a tendency to want to neglect the "Administrivia" (3) but it's important, too.  Giving myself the "Three Pass Rule" (4) - I'll commit to giving up my #Wine Wednesday if I hit a 4th infraction where I focus on database development instead.  A 5th infraction will have me giving up a date night - so there will BE no 5th infraction, for sure!!! :)  Update:  So, did get a couple of new clients; which is cool.  Now? I have a crazy ton of data to put in - we were changing systems so I was told to wait till this week to start entering data.  Well, now here we go!

  • Read One Book a Week & One Parenting & Fun Book Over the Challenge - Three a week is way too much for me to realistically keep up with this time, but 1 book a week?  Is a 2 hour time commitment - I can hang with that AND commit to a blog on it to boot!  Also want to read a "just for fun" and a specific parenting book relating to 'girl cliques' before the school year starts back up!  Finished the No Asshole Rule Book - I really DO like it and highly recommend you read it if you are part of team development, leadership, or HR/Culture.   I'm working on 3 books right now:  "Teen as a Second Language," "Outliers," and "The Average American Male."  Can I just say that while I'm enjoying the humor in the last book? It is CRUDE - I'm hoping most men truly don't think that way!

  • Blogging - Can I do three a week?  I think I can. :) I'm also going to make a decision on splitting my blog into 2 by the end of this 30-day or keeping it whole, as is.  Update:  Here's where I'm having a little bit of trouble.  I'm blogging about this in a separate blog post; so, I won't really spoil that... but, after reading "The Help" & watching the movie w/ my friends?  My perspective on... well, perspectives... has shifted a bit & it's affecting what I blog about. As such, I really only got out 2 blogs last week. 
BODY:
  • THREE - Three days a week I WILL - do yoga, do strength training, and do swimming.
  • TWO - Two days a week I WILL - play tennis & do spin - or spinnish thing Jen taught me (so gonna kill me).
  • ONE - EVERY day I will do my 10k - even if it has to be broken into 2 5ks.
  • I will drink 2 liters of water a day.

Update:  So, still having trouble getting the 10ks in every day; I've got to stop breaking it up because then I have an issue w/ getting in the other 5k.  Just gonna power through it; my time was better then, too!

SPIRIT:
  • Daily Gratitude WITH my Girls - I really enjoyed this last time & it had such a huge impact on my overall outlook in life.  I want to include the girls into this 30 Days so they can enjoy the benefits of a grateful heart/outlook as well; AND so I can gain further parental insights into a different aspect of their personality. ) - Update:  I did keep up w/ my gratitude exercises this past week - this was a bad month to integrate the girls into this challenge, though - I've not had them a whole lot since they've been wrapping up their summer, visiting friends, Grandparents & their Father. Even still, we're doing it this week - so, you'll see it in next week's summary!

  • Bible Study w/ the Girls on Healthy Relationships & Sex:  Because if you wait to talk about it until you "HAVE TO?"  You've waited way too long.  We've chatted about it; but want to start doing a pulse check before we go back to school.  Want to do the study that Shannon Rowell recommended & really hit on what healthy "dating" in Middle School/High School looks like.  Update - They don't like this. Which probably means we should be doing it.  BUT, if they're not wanting to do it; then I'm not sure how much they're really retaining.  So, am considering more casual, less structured conversations to deliver this info. 

  • Charity Work -   REALLY am keen on @lovedrop and want to be more of a part of bringing awareness to that cause during this #TR30Days challenge.  Also will be participating at the Service/Volunteer weekend at Church as being more involved w/ The Branch has been on my 'to-do' list since May of LAST year.  *Oops!*  Was really appreciative of the volunteer weekend & chance to change the 'to-do' to an 'am-doing.' :)  Update:  "GO" was this past weekend and I loved it.  Got my first batch of shoes together for Shoes4OrphanedSouls & participated in LoveDrop & LOVEBOMB!  Feeling good about the progress I've made this past week.  








No comments:

Post a Comment