What's Being Read the Most...

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Myspace Migration: Why Did I Do a Monster Posting?!?!?!

Current mood:aggravated
I know better. Seriously, I do. You place an ad for a position and here's what happens. You get every yahoo on the planet that's NOT qualified for the position applying and maybe you get one or two qualified candidates. The other thousand? Laugh material? Irritants? Grrr....

I really feel for people looking for a job. Especially the ones who are unemployed, because there's an aspect of desperation that is just kind of sad. But it doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day, when I'm reading about all your fabulous experience as a GAP Manager when I'm looking for a specific, technical Vice-President who needs about a decade of RELEVANT experience... it doesn't change the fact that I'm going to want to Wring.Your.Neck.For.Wasting.My.Time. Because, seriously, people are not going to hire you for something you're NOT qualified to do. Just doesn't happen that way.

*Sigh* I feel better now. I should go find coffee. Is it wrong that at 9am, I already need a nap??

No comments:

Post a Comment