What's Being Read the Most...

Monday, December 18, 2006

Myspace Migration: And the Countdown Begins

Current mood:blank
We're now officially one week away from Christmas. Which is totally fine by me because I've been done with the shopping aspect of Christmas for aeons. Now wrapping is another story - still lots of that to do. I used to love wrapping - was very meticulous... perfectly wrapped presents with straight creases, no showing tape, perfect bows and present toppers. Now, I'm all about bags. LOL

Had a fun weekend with Bev and my girls. Friday night Bev and I hung out with some rather ... interesting... people and at the very least, it was an experience. An experience where I ended up with some very questionable DVDs in my backseat, and a pool stick from some bar. We've decided they're bad influences, lol... Saturday night we went to the TSO concert. It was very cool; it was the girls' first concert, to boot! Bev, I've got that copy for you - remind me to get it to you next time I see you! I've decided Bev is definitely among my favorite people. I really enjoyed my munchkin time this weekend. I'm going to miss them when they go to their Dad's this week.

Today we're seeing Santa after school/work. This is going to be a light work week for me. I'm taking a half-day Wed., I'm taking Thursday off and Friday is still undecided. Fortunately, it's easier to do at the end of the year.

Ok, so I kind of ranted about this in a bulletin, but seriously, passive-aggressive people drive me bonkers. Say what you mean, mean what you say and don't lead people along by the nose. Now, lest you think I'm talking about a guy, I'm not. I'm actually talking about a girlfriend of mine (though I have definitely known [and still do] guys who would fit the "passive-aggressive" mold). I watch her do/not do all kinds of things while staunchly waving the BS banner of "I don't want to hurt their feelings." Riiiight. Because it will hurt so much LESS when they come to realize that you've seen them for AGES past when you knew you didn't really have feelings for them. THAT won't seem like using them AT ALL. Look, I understand really not wanting to hurt someone else - but there comes a point where you're no longer thinking about how THAT person feels and you're really more focused on how the act of being straight will make YOU feel and what reprocussions it will have for YOU. That's not cool.

I also realize I tend to be on the other end of the spectrum. I know I, more often than not, will take the truth and use it like a spear. But, hey, I'm being honest, right?? Hmm... anyway, so I get that there's a balance. If you have to choose between the two, though; I still think being brutally honest is far better than "sparing someone." I've just seen very few instances where the person that really was being spared was NOT the person that was getting (more or less) lied to - it was the person doing the "sparing." Seems cowardly to me.
Ok. Must get ready for work

No comments:

Post a Comment