What's Being Read the Most...

Monday, April 28, 2008

Myspace Migration: Talk About Random

So, I was having a perfectly lovely, boring evening - emailing my boss back and forth about a couple of different things when the phone rings. I look at the number, and thought, "Oh, this must be the people with the house I'm looking at - they were going to try and call today and update me about their own house search..." (since I've determined I'm moving in June, I've suddenly gotten pretty serious about it). Um, no.

"Hey Crystal, It's [Bob the Builder]. Do you remember me?"

"Um, no. Help me out here."

"We went to high school together, we dated... remember?"

"Ooooooh, yeah, I remember you now. It's been awhile - like a decade or so."

So, we chatted for awhile and then it occured to me - I'm chatting with someone on the phone that I have NOW, that I haven't talked to in 12 years. "Um, [Bob]? Please don't take this the wrong way, but out of curiousity, how did you get my number?"

"Well, don't think this is stalkerish or anything, but I actually got your number from [Tim the Toolman Taylor.] Remember him from high school? (no)Anyway, he's a cop - in drug enforcement - and I had him look up your information."

OoooKay. Is that flattering? Or creepy? Or both? I can't decide. But I know it threw me off slightly that someone who didn't know my married name was calling me on my current work cell. He did let me know that he found out my married name through reunion.com, so I guess that makes a little more sense?

Maybe more about this later; I must go do fabulous things at the office!!!



(1) Can I just say that the comments that came off this blog were WAY more fun than the blog itself?? And that whole thing is just still super creepy... Here's some of the comments though - hello, Prom Memories!:

    • 3 years ago
    Greg

    Oooooh, who was it, did I know him. We had some of the same friends. Ws he with us at Prom?

    3 years ago
      Crystal Miller

      Well, I was infinitely more cool, that's for certain. :) The picture was taken OF us that night by the guy who didn't want to dance with me because I was too risque (hahahaha) with my dancing (hahahahaha). I found it in a box in your room like a month later.

      You were WAY more fun to hang out with than Mike, but I'm glad you talked me into going with him anyway, because I had a good time with you that night. :D

        3 years ago
        Greg

        I don't remember the picture. But yes, Sarah and I went to prom and was a frickin' disaster. We had nothing in common and she bugged the crap out of me, so I ditched her with Mike and hung out with you.

          3 years ago
          Crystal Miller

          Didn't you go to prom with Sarah, I went with Micheal, he went with Amy - and then I hung out with you, Amy was with who... I thought Sarah was with him most of the evening? And the big bald guy was ticked that I spent the evening with you and not Micheal -

          Seriously, I didn't know I had memories of ANY of that until ... well... I got that phone call at 10:30 last night. Though I do remember dancing with you and I loved the picture you had.. who took that?

            3 years ago
            Crystal Miller

            Um, yes, yes he was... with Amy, the pantsuit wonder-girl. :)

              3 years ago

          No comments:

          Post a Comment