What's Being Read the Most...

Friday, August 27, 2010

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda

Was reading my facebook newsfeed this evening and saw a blurb from Shecky's Girl Blog about a musical band called the "Woulda, Coulda, Shouldas." I'll confess, I didn't really read the article; but it got me thinking about my own 'woulda, coulda, shouldas' just the same.

I've never been big on regret; largely, because once something's been done, you can't undo it. So what's the point of regret? Won't change anything. But, also... and more to the point, everything you do culminates into who you are. It's all part of you - so, regretting an action or decision feels like regretting yourself. Seems odd to me. Personally, I tend to just try to learn from my less-than-stellar decisions and move on. But, I like my life... maybe that helps.

It kind of raises the question, though.. would you do EVERYTHING the same if you had the chance to do it again? If you wouldn't, then does that inherently mean that you have regret? I look back on life, both in the short- and long-range and there are dozens of decisions that probably made the road I've traveled thus far a little more difficult. But to change them? That's a powerful desire... and a dangerous one, I think. For it is in adversity that character is forged; so, to want to do away with that? No, don't think so... not for me, anyway. ;)

“Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.” ~ Jonathan Larson

1 comment:

  1. "It kind of raises the question, though.. would you do EVERYTHING the same if you had the chance to do it again? "
    No..I would not do it all exactly the same.
    Does this mean I have regrets?...you bet your Butt I do.
    For me...I'd change a few things..and deal with the fallout of those changes.
    :)

    ReplyDelete