What's Being Read the Most...

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Morning, Rain is Falling...

Great song. And Bonus! Actually applicable to the day. Had a really easy morning with some quiet time for myself; something I don't have a lot of lately and should probably schedule more of. Made myself a mammoth "nice to do" list of 17 items and knocked out 14 of them, no sweat. :) Relaxed and accomplished? I can deal w/ that.

One of the things on my 'to-do' list was to make my meal schedule for the week. I can't tell you how much I enjoy this silly, simple activity. Love, Love, LOVE cooking! During the winter, I really like to lean on my slow-cooker but I hadn't been able to find it. I have a theory that Bev (1) probably snagged my slow cooker when she finally left and I'm just now realizing it because I'm over the "make a 3-course meal every time we eat" phase. Not sure, though - but fortunately, Chris let me borrow his slow-cooker so I'm back in business until I either locate mine or break down and buy a new one.

Slow cooking? Rocks. Throw it all in during the AM hours, set it to low and move on with life. I've got some great recipes that I love making in the slow-cooker; so, I'm sharing them with you as I go along each week via FB. :) The chili one from last week?? TOTALLY gotta try; it's yuuuuuumy!

Switched rooms with Lindsey this past week... that? Has been an adventure and is absolutely going to be it's own blog sometime this week. :P Ok, back to work - have to search for candidates. Finally getting into the swing of my new job; I'm really enjoying it!

(1) a friend that was "staying" with me (read: leeching off me for most of the time) and prima-donnaville way too quick for way too long with a penchant for making it sound like she was doing ME a favor while costing me significant $ and damaging things as she left. I never would have done well with roommates, but at least they pay an equitable share of the cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment