What's Being Read the Most...

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Myspace Migration: Soccer Is Easy; It's the Players That Make it Hard

... That's the big take-away from lunch today with Jeff. Actually, he's right - it's quite profound, when you think about it. Life really isn't all that complex until we make it so. So, we're difficult - our circumstances are just that... circumstances. But, it's like that song I love from Tool, Aenima, We:

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car.

It's a Bull sh*t three ring circus sideshow of

Freaks...

WE freak out and make our circumstances into things bigger than they are. See if that gives you any kind of "Ah-ha" moment... it certainly did for me.
Interesting session with Harwell today. Can't forget to expound on that later. Not now. Just wanted to write down this stuff so I didn't forget it. Feeling really at peace at the moment.
~~~~
Ok, my afternoon, while parts of it were fun, was not so stellar. One of my clients "paid" their bill, but it bounced. So - I don't get paid on that yet. Stinks. I LOATHE playing bill collector.
Traded out my phone for a Treo 650. Anyone know how to use one of those? I could use some advanced tutorials - I've got the basics down, but it's still very clumsy to me. The text messaging part is easier, though!
Ok, time to dig in deeper on today's session with Harwell. Have you ever heard that song, "Everything You Know is Wrong?" Love that song, but I think it's a Wierd Al song, not positive .. it's somewhat applicable to my view on relationships. Evidentally, I need to take more risks, and stop being reactive to my relationships. I guess I really didn't see myself as "reactive" - but, it makes sense. If you don't put yourself out there and make yourself available, you don't get hurt. So, now I have to work on being the one to perpetuate things, opening doors (not literally), and taking risks. Telling people how I feel before I need to - what I want in the warm, fuzzy way - because really, the rules are designed to kill the deal, not build it. At least I got commended for knowing what I want out of a relationship and that, evidentally, is healthy stuff. No odd or whacked expectations there! There are a couple of points I'm going to put into play this week. We'll see how that turns out.
I'm bored. Seriously, truly, extremely bored. Nothing is really keeping my attention this evening. I think it's because there are a couple of people I need/want to talk to (one's a need, one's a want) and I can't really focus on anything else. Or, because I need to be sleeping but can't. Though, I got a good night's sleep (mostly) last night - only woke up once in the middle of the night and was in bed before midnight. It's the little things.
I'm probably done with this for this evening, unless I get a wild hair and a subject to get a wild hair over... Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment